Who Will the Suns Select with the No. 1 Pick in the NBA Draft?
Now that we know Phoenix won the lottery, let the mock drafts commence.
Last night at the NBA lottery, the Phoenix Suns were rewarded for an epic season of tanking by shooting the moon and landing the No. 1 pick in the upcoming draft.
It was a big win for the Suns – who have never picked first in franchise history – as they only had a 25% chance at No. 1 and would have wasted an entire year had they not gotten that pick.
Behind Phoenix, the ping-pong balls awarded the Sacramento Kings the second pick and the Atlanta Hawks the third.
From there, the draft order went by the team’s record, which the Grizzlies, Mavericks, Magic, Bulls, Cavaliers (via trade), Knicks and 76ers (also via trade) round out the top 10.
Now that the order has been set, NBA mock drafts are officially in season. Here’s SI’s latest:
- Phoenix Suns – Deandre Ayton, C, Arizona
- Sacramento Kings – Luka Doncic, G, Real Madrid
- Atlanta Hawks – Jaren Jackson Jr., C, Michigan State
- Memphis Grizzlies – Marvin Bagley III, F/C, Duke
- Dallas Mavericks – Mohamed Bamba, C, Texas
- Orlando Magic – Wendell Carter, C, Duke
- Chicago Bulls – Michael Porter Jr., SF, Missouri
- Cleveland Cavaliers – Trae Young, PG, Oklahoma
- New York Knicks – Mikal Bridges, SF, Villanova
- Philadelphia 76ers – Miles Bridges, F, Michigan State
Thanks for reading InsideHook. Sign up for our daily newsletter and be in the know.
Suggested for you