Like Winston Zeddemore once said, we have the tools, we have the talent. We also have the job openings. Those openings are below — and they’re all just as rewarding, if not more, as saving the world from a pantless marshmallow sailor.
InsideHook is the leading digital lifestyle platform for accomplished and adventurous men. From style to travel to dining, vehicles to watches to fitness, our editors are passionate about bringing our audience the latest and greatest. It’s a job we take seriously, and one we’ve been at for almost a decade.
InsideHook is an innovator in branded entertainment, providing native solutions, custom content and video, event activation and other innovative programs for premium and luxury brands.
LEAD DESIGNER (New York, NY)
InsideHook is looking for a Lead Designer to join our rapidly growing team. This is a salaried, full-time position with excellent benefits, based in New York City.
The Lead Designer will work closely with the editorial and branded content teams to establish and maintain InsideHook’s visual identity across all channels and touchpoints, including but not limited to: email newsletters, websites, branded content campaigns, social media, marketing and public relations, and events and activations. They will also be responsible for day-to-day graphic design and photo editing of our primary content platforms.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, talented, accomplished designer, with a portfolio of projects as strong as their track record of success. The Lead Designer will be deeply collaborative, working cross-functionally with all of InsideHook’s business units, and their clients. The ability to thrive under tight deadlines, and interpret feedback from internal and external partners is essential. The Lead Designer will be expected to juggle multiple assignments and deadlines, so impeccable time-management skills are a must.
- Manage the design process of all editorial and branded features from ideation to execution, creating attractive, impactful layouts and visual features to complement our content, under the guidance of our Creative Director, Director of Branded Content and Editor in Chief
- Compile and edit photography for our website and emails on a daily basis
- Design compelling materials for our sales, marketing and branded content teams to take out into the marketplace, including but not limited to brand decks, one-sheets and project mocks
- Design printed/physical collateral for all InsideHook events (signage, cocktail napkins, booklets, menus, etc.)
- Manage a design project calendar with respect to all deadlines
- Provide constructive feedback throughout the editorial process
- Attend both studio and remote shoots (photo or video), assisting the Creative Director in realizing a considered and cohesive visual identity
- Establish and maintain a Visual Style guide and communicate changes/guidelines to the creative and branded team as needed
- Assist InsideHook Social Media team with the production of high-touch imagery and graphics for all platforms
- 3-5 years experience working in a fast-paced editorial, publishing or advertising environment is ideal but not required
- A proven track record for creating compelling visuals across across various mediums and formats: web, print, social, infographics, illustrations, photography, etc.
- An expert command of the entire Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom)
- A passion for typography, brand identity and design theory, and the ability to translate that passion into a cohesive and consistent product
- A working knowledge of — or at least some experience with — HTML and Content Management Systems (WordPress or similar)
- An interest in men’s lifestyle topics, and knowledge of visual trends throughout the landscape
- Ability to incorporate feedback from clients and creative team, as well as the conviction and tact to defend creative choices you feel strongly about
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, balance priorities and work well under pressure
- Strong leadership skills and the proven ability to play nice with others; adaptability and collaboration are hallmarks of our editorial process
- Intense and unrelenting attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Applicant should live in or around New York City
- Bonus points for experience with one or more of the following disciplines: illustration, photography, videography and stop motion
Please send your (good-looking) CV, cover letter and portfolio — with 3-5 relevant design samples highlighted — to email@example.com.
No staffing agencies or consulting firms, please. InsideHook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Updated: August, 2019. We currently have no other open positions. Still, we love hearing from brilliant, talented and eager folks. Feel free to reach out with a note and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.