Dana White Noncommittal on Conor McGregor’s UFC Return
McGregor is due in court on June 14 to face criminal charges.
Earlier this month, UFC head Dana White called Conor McGregor’s antics prior to UFC 223 “the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of the company.”
There’s still much to be figured out, but it appears as if White’s stance on his star’s actions may have softened.
In an interview with TMZ, White said “we’ll see what happens,” when asked about McGregor, who is due in court on June 14 to face criminal charges, potentially returning to fight in UFC.
“He’s gotta be punished by the law first,” White told TMZ. “Let’s see what happens in New York.”
Given that McGregor is the biggest draw in UFC and that status is unlikely to change despite the incident earlier this month, it wouldn’t’ be surprising to see him return without facing any sanctions from White, especially if he agrees to fight Russian Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Thanks for reading InsideHook. Sign up for our daily newsletter and be in the know.
Suggested for you