To be a true New York gourmand these days, you have to dine on Brooklyn cuisine at least occasionally – though dine too often and you risk going native, a Colonel Kurtz lost in the exotic heart of wistfully agrarian darkness.
Get in, get out, and get fed with the Brooklyn Grub Crawl: a three-day tour of BK’s finest restaurants June 1st-3rd, now selling tickets.
Friday in Carroll Gardens
An evening journey that includes:
- a punch demonstration at craft cocktail haunt Clover Club
- lambrusco and crostinis with “The Franks” at Frank’s Prime Meats
- a smorgasbord of sweets at Treats Truck’s just-opened brick-and-mortar location.
Saturday in Williamsburg
An afternoon stroll featuring:
- a slider-and-sangria garden chat with the founders of Meatball Shop
- oysters and absinthe at Parisian-style boîte Maison Premiere
- a behind-the-scenes tour and tasting at Brooklyn Winery
View Saturday’s Full Itinerary
Sunday in Red Hook
Start bright and early with an 11:00am roasting/brewing demo and tasting at Stumptown Coffee. Additional stops include:
- a homemade Korean-style breakfast at The Good Fork
- tasting of house-cured meats and pickles on the waterfront with Mile End Deli.
Tickets are available for each day individually, or the whole weekend – which closes with drinks and live tunes at Sunny’s, a Brooklyn institution for over 120 years.
So godspeed, ye epicureans. Just beware of the natives.
This article was featured in the InsideHook NY newsletter. Sign up now for more from all five boroughs.
Suggested for you