The 6-in-1 Kit That Should Replace Every Man’s Kitchen
Meet Material, the 6-in-1 kit that’ll declutter your kitchen
Your kitchen probably has a junk drawer.
Correction: Your kitchen IS a junk drawer, with its surfeit of unsharpened knives, little-used measuring vessels and, if you’re like us, 93 spatulas in various degrees of decay.
Listen, home chef: it’s time to embrace Material.
Dubbed “tasteful tools for modern cooking,” the just-launched supplier offers handsome kitchen fundamentals (Chef’s knife, slotted spoons, one-hand tongs, etc.) that stow in a single, superbly organized wooden base.
Material (5 images)
This is your anti-clutter kitchen here. Built from great materials — Japanese stainless steel, natural woods (walnut, maple, beech) — Material’s compact idea is The Fundamentals, a curated set of six essential cooking tools captured in a wood base (with a magnetic inner wall to hold up your knives).
What you’ll get:
- The 8” Knife: An ice-tempered, hand-finished chef’s knife built from three layers of Japanese stainless steel and a stain-resistant matte grip
- The Almost 4” Knife: Because it’s actually 3.5”. For precision slicing, mincing, peeling and shaving.
- The Only Tongs: One-hand lock and unlock mechanism, and a sloped head to keep counters clean
- The Slotted Spatula: Flexible and lightweight, but decidedly strong
- The Wood Spoon: Natural walnut or beech, with a sloped head to scrape your pan clean
- The Metal Spoon: Perfect for scooping and serving.
It’s $175 for the set (or $75 for just the Chef’s Knife), so you’ll save quite a bit compared to other luxury kitchen suppliers — without the storage issues or suffering the paradox of choice. And right now, the company’s offering free shipping, a 60-day trial and a lifetime guarantee.
Preorder now, and you’ll get a curated set of spices (cured sumac, thyme, smoked pimenton) before the holidays. Alas, the kitchenware itself won’t ship until February.