This Insane Netflix Hack Will Save You Hours
More like Netflix and burn.
The blog Efficiency is Everything recently came up with a hack to speed up your Netflix viewing, potentially trimming three hours of binge-watching down to two.
Or, you know, 18 down to 12.
Essentially, the idea is revving your media player to speeds of 1.1 to 1.5 times faster, saving you precious minutes or hours to … well, perhaps jam in another episode. You’ll just have to put up with unusual movements and slightly squeakier voices.
For Netflix, EIE suggests you do the following:
- Download a plugin like Video Speed Controller (a speed indicator will be in the top left corner)
- Open up chrome://plugins/
- Disable Adobe Flash Players
- Start Netflix, and hit play on the show of your choice
- Tap D (which increases speed … S will decrease and R will reset it)
The site also provides a similar hack for YouTube and VLC Media Player viewings.
For more Netflix hacks, check out our The 13 Tricks Every Netflix Expert Knows.
h/t The Daily Dot