Co-Founder of Woodstock 50 Claims Festival Is Still On
Despite loosing its biggest financial backer on Monday
Editor’s Note: RealClearLife, a news and lifestyle publisher, is now a part of InsideHook. Together, we’ll be covering current events, pop culture, sports, travel, health and the world.
Woodstock 50, the anniversary festival of the 1969 three-day show, will go on as planned — regardless of losing a major financial backer, it’s organizers and co-founder, Michael Lang, said.
Lang and Woodstock LLC said late on Monday after reports claimed the festival was off, that they were “committed to ensuring that the 50th anniversary of Woodstock is marked with a festival deserving of its iconic name and place in American history and culture.”
“Although our financial partner is withdrawing, we will of course be continuing with the planning of the festival and intend to bring on new partners,” the statement read. “The bottom line is, there is going to be a Woodstock 50th Anniversary Festival, as there must be, and it’s going to be a blast.”
This isn’t the first setback the reboot of the original three days of peace, love and music — scheduled for Aug 16-18 in Watkins Glen, New York — has faced so far. Some of the performers were leaked to the press ahead of the show’s official announcement and the ticket sale that was supposed to launch last week has been delayed, the Associated Press reported.
“Despite our tremendous investment of time, effort and commitment, we don’t believe the production of the festival can be executed as an event worthy of the Woodstock Brand name while also ensuring the health and safety of the artists, partners and attendees,” Dentsu Aegis Network’s Amplifi Live said in a statement.
Thanks for reading InsideHook. Sign up for our daily newsletter and be in the know.
Suggested for you