Northern Grade, that roving menswear market of American-made goods, sets its flag down in Chicago this weekend. Just follow the trail of responsibly dressed gents milling about Millennium Park’s South Promenade. Here’s what to cop, cap-à-pie.
1. The Jacket – Tradition Creek Sawtooth Cruiser: Minnesota knows outdoor goods. Tradition Creek’s Cruiser Jacket is made of cozy melton wool in a classic fit.
2. The Shirt – Corridor Japanese Stripe Shirt: The NYC-made button-downs from Corridor feature premium fabrics, from soft Japanese cotton to hefty Fair Isle. Three-panel design is slim-fitting but allows a lot of movement.
3. The Watch – Astor + Banks Chrono: Chicago’s own Astor + Banks assembles watches right in the West Loop. Horween leather strap. Swiss movement. Damn handsome.
4. The Denim – Noble Denim Truman Regular: Fall is the time to break in selvedge denim. Noble source from Cone Denim Mills and craft their jeans out of Ohio and Tennessee factories. Their mid-rise, classic-fit pair goes with everything. Don’t miss the crewneck sweaters, either.
6. The Bag – Artifact Bags Carry Tote in All Black: Artifact Bag Co. makes rugged goods from canvas briefcases to handsome work aprons. Our favorite: the black-on-black leather-bottom tote bag. Handmade in Omaha, Nebraska.
Main Photo Credit: Nathan Michael