Some women like a practical man. Others, an unpredictable one. Your goal, then: be both those guys.
Same goes for your home — you want to fill it with things that are functional but surprising. Conversation starters, if you will.
So since it’s fall and we’re all migrating back indoors, it’s a good time to assess your current situation and freshen things up a bit. From contemporary wallpaper and museum-quality photohgraphy prints to handsome leather chairs and speakers that pack up and go anywhere, here are a few ideas to get you started.
All are local, and all will leave a lasting impression. Just like you.
1. Unison Home Wallpaper ($115), Unison Home, 1911 W. Division St.
2. The HiFi Case (prices vary), Available online
3. Interior Define Asher Couch (
$1,700 $1,445), Interior Define, 833 W. Armitage Ave
4. Gus Modern Leather Lodge Chair ($1,450), Stitch Chicago, 1937 N. Damen Ave.
5. Arc Copper Table Lamp ($79) CB2, 800 N. North Ave.
6. Zahira Moroccan Rug (starts at $1,295), Restoration Hardware, 1300 N. Dearborn Ave.
7. Aria Marchalite Bar Cart ($1,450), Jayson Home, 1855 N. Clybourn Ave.
8. Hedgehouse Furniture Walnut Credenza ($1,829), Available online
9. Larmes de verre by Man Ray ($155), Yellow Korner, 1721 N. Damen Ave.
Nota bene: Looking for more ideas? Head on over and find our favorite vintage furniture shops in Chicago for more inspiration. Happy shopping.