Regarding this weather: you could act like you’ve never experienced Chicago winter before and stay home curled up in a fetal position.
Or you could watch topless women hang from ceilings.
Bundle up for the Contemporary Circus Festival, rolling into Chicago with shows across the city now through Sunday.
This ain’t Barnum. No big-shoed clowns riding sequined elephants. No top-hatted jagbags. This is more like Cirque du Soleil meets Coney Island.
What to expect:
- A one-woman contortionism show (she’s lovely)
- A late night cabaret with pleasing … costumes, you could say
- One woman and her Cyr Wheel
- The world’s greatest mime
- Interactive, dizzying spectacles
- And world-class performances of all shapes and sizes
So yeah, definitely not big top.
Shows run at Athenaeum Theatre and Links Hall, with tickets starting at $20. Get ‘em now.
How’s that for a winter warmer?
Nota bene: Ever been to a circus party before? A VIP Pass will get you in to all the shows plus all events and after parties, including a closing night bash at Redmoon Theatre.
This article was featured in the InsideHook Chicago newsletter. Sign up now for more from the Windy City.
Suggested for you