The Contemporary Circus Festival comes to town
Regarding this weather: you could act like you’ve never experienced Chicago winter before and stay home curled up in a fetal position.
Or you could watch topless women hang from ceilings.
This ain’t Barnum. No big-shoed clowns riding sequined elephants. No top-hatted jagbags. This is more like Cirque du Soleil meets Coney Island.
What to expect:
- A one-woman contortionism show (she’s lovely)
- A late night cabaret with pleasing … costumes, you could say
- One woman and her Cyr Wheel
- The world’s greatest mime
- Interactive, dizzying spectacles
- And world-class performances of all shapes and sizes
So yeah, definitely not big top.
Shows run at Athenaeum Theatre and Links Hall, with tickets starting at $20. Get ‘em now.
How’s that for a winter warmer?
Nota bene: Ever been to a circus party before? A VIP Pass will get you in to all the shows plus all events and after parties, including a closing night bash at Redmoon Theatre.
Our Favorite Products Right Now