Dressing to stand out does not have to mean dressing like an a**hole.
Sometimes, it’s as easy as outfitting yourself at a place not everyone knows about.
Local haute street brand Stampd, which just opened its first brick and mortar on La Brea, is exactly that type of place.
Like their collection, their first store is an exercise in simplicity.
Headed by designer Chris Stamp, Stampd has been doing refined streetwear since 2011: think silver Rolexes with diamonds, jet-black leather American flags, tastefully minimal T-shirts and accessories for every room in your house.
The vaulted, bow-truss wooden ceiling is punctuated with skylights to give it a breezy, naturally lit candor while underfoot, clean-lined Turkish travertine floors extend all the way up to the check-out console.
And its museum-grade white walls and off-kilter racks pair well with the convention-flouting wares on offer.
We selected six items that’ll look right at home in any L.A. man’s home and wardrobe.
- Scalloped Bomber: This bomber should be your go-to evening jacket this spring. Clean shoulder lines and minimal branding make it a classic. (BUY)
- Essential Chino Pant: A comfy cotton pant with a tapered leg and elastic cuff. Your weekend pant has arrived, sir. (BUY)
- Mini Lighter Silver: Another festival season win. Whether for waving over your head a la Woodstock or, uh, whatever the kids are using lighters for these days. Waterproof, refillable and fits on your keychain. (BUY)
- Futura x Stampd Surfboard: Limited to four, the Futura x Stampd Surfboards are all on display in the store and come with their clear display coffins. Note: the one featured in the image isn’t one of the collabs. But do go to the store to see them, because they’re works of art.
- Infinite Trunk: Summer is coming. Coachella too. Last year’s swim trunks are probably faded from chlorine. The Infinite Trunk isn’t. Simple. Elegant. Cut tastefully above the knee. (BUY)
- Stampd x Puma Blaze of Glory: A collab between Stampd and Puma yielded these fresh white sneaks with a strap across the toe. Find them in the store along the dividing wall. (BUY)