We don’t gossip about serious topics like Mercedes hypercars, so listen up.
The rumors regarding Mercedes-AMG building a Formula One-inspired hypercar with 1,000 HP for AMG’s 50th anniversary next year are true, a source within the Mercedes F1 team told Evo.
That confirmation jibes with a report from TopGear.com stating that “an extremely high-level source” at the Belgian Grand Prix said the rumored hypercar was “definitely happening.”
Now that we know it’s coming, here’s what we expect the car to bring to the table:
- An integrated carbon fiber body and chassis
- A gullwing-style cockpit canopy
- An F1 combustion engine and up to three wheel-mounted electric motors
- A weight of 2,200-2,900 pounds
- A top speed above 220 MPH
- And a 0-62 MPH time of less than 2.5 seconds
Mercedes-AMG has yet to confirm or deny any of the details about the model, but it’s believed production will be held to 50 models (an ode to the birthday) with prices starting at $4.4 million.
Plenty of time to save up.