Don’t Miss This 10-Course Tasting Menu at a Brooklyn Drive-In
The Resy Drive-Thru New York is coming to the Skyline Drive-In in Greenpoint on September 16 and 17
If the idea of taking a golf cart around a Brooklyn drive-in to sample the wares of 10 of the hottest restaurants in New York sounds at all appealing to you, it’s probably best to head here immediately as tickets for the Resy Drive-Thru New York went on sale to American Express Gold Card Members on Monday and previous iterations of the event in Miami and Los Angeles sold out in minutes.
As for the Brookly edition of the Drive-Thru (no car required), it’ll take place on September 16 and 17 at the Skyline Drive-In in Greenpoint and guests can expect to be chauffeured around the Brooklyn waterfront in a golf cart to hit pop-ups from hot spots including Bonnie’s, Red Hook Tavern and Taqueria Ramírez before ending the evening at a block party hosted by a DJ. Though guests will be confined to a set offering from each eatery, the restaurants will be serving never-before-seen dishes as well as twists on popular items.
Here’s the full list of participating restaurants and what they’ll be serving up:
- Bonnie’s — Yao Yu (marinated grilled squid with olives, preserved lemon, and herbs)
- Crown Shy — Satsuma, Vanilla, and Meringue Ice Cream Sandwich
- Dhamaka — Dilliwala Butter Chicken with jeera pulao
- Frankies Spuntino — Roasted Cauliflower with golden raisins, torpedo shallots, muscat vinegar, and Frankies 457 organic extra virgin olive oil
- Red Hook Tavern — Tavern Mini Burger
- Shuka — Ayesha’s Falafel Sandwich wrapped in lafa
- Sofreh — Saffron Shrimp over herb and tamarind sauce and saffron basmati rice
- Sylvia’s — Crab Cake Bites
- Taqueria Ramírez — Taco de Costilla (grilled short rib taco with avocado, queso fresco, parsley, red onion, and chipotle sauce)
- Union Square Cafe — Marbled Cheesecake with concord grape
As an added bonus for AmEx Gold Card Members, Jersey City pizzeria Razza, which employs a rubric to evalaute its pies for characteristics such as cheese-to-sauce ratio, crust crispness and tomato texture, will be offering an exclusive 11th course for qualified cardholders. As if the pizza wasn’t enough of a perk, those with the golden ticket will also receive bagels and cream cheese courtesy of H&H Bagels the morning after they attend the Drive-Thru and two complimentary drink tickets to use at the block party.
Originally a product of the pandemic that guests attended from their personal vehicles, the Drive Thru event in Brooklyn will be a “one-of-a-kind culinary experience in one of the most diverse dining destinations in the world,” according to American Expres VP of consumer premium products Shibli Juneja. “New York is one of the top dining destinations around the world, so it was only natural for us to bring this award-winning event to our own backyard,” Juneja tells InsideHook. “After sold-out events in Los Angeles and Miami, we’re thrilled to bring together some of New York’s top restaurants under the stars for all food lovers to enjoy.”
As for those tickets that were mentioned at the top, they’re first-come, first-served and can be purchased in groups of two or four at resy.com/drivethru and in the Resy app for $110 apiece. All tickets include access to the 10-course tasting menu but that elusive 11th course courtesy of Razza, which will be making pizza in Brooklyn for the first time, is exclusively for AmEx Gold Card Members. Here’s hoping you snag a ticket — and a slice.
This article was featured in the InsideHook NY newsletter. Sign up now for more from all five boroughs.
Suggested for you