The world is busy.
No, you can’t have those 60 seconds back, even if you did want them.
But you can have Hemingwrite, a distraction-free little writing gadget, available now for preorder.
Hemingwrite is an old-school, full-size mechanical keyboard (Ah, that tactile click!) with some modern flourishes, like an e-paper screen and cloud backups.
No ‘net (save for your syncing). No games. No modern inconveniences.
Heck, you need to use a selector knob to move between documents.
One button power on. Housed in a rugged aluminum case with a built-in handle. Runs for four weeks.
The result: you’re only concentrating on what you need to write next. You can take it anywhere. And you can use Google Docs or Evernote to pretty up your prose later.
Papa’d be proud. (Eh, sort of: he preferred writing in pencil.)
Speaking of distractions ... our favorite crowdfunding projects of 2014:
- Ampy, a kinetic battery that captures the energy of your movements and converts it into e-juice
- Bluesmart, a carry-on bag that you can remotely lock/unlock, weigh and track via your smartphone
- Earin, the world’s smallest wireless earbuds
- CYNEK: A pretty-much magic beer tap that fits on your counter
- Steaklocker: An in-home dry-aged steak fridge