Photos of the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Pickup Leaked and Someone’s Getting Fired
Here’s everything we know so far
Right now, take a moment to say a little prayer for JeepGladiatorForum user gladjt who leaked photos and info about Jeep’s upcoming Wrangler-based pickup truck and the employee who accidentally put them up on an “FCA media site” for gladjt to swipe.
It’s thanks to them we’ve got a first look at the all-new 2020 Jeep Gladiator. (And that FCA employee is in all likelihood already canned.)
The photos of the red and grey crew cabs, in hard and soft top, were accompanied by a fact sheet. Before we get into the details of the vehicle, let us say this should be taken with a big ol’ boulder of salt, since it’s coming from a forum and not Jeep itself. That out of the way, would you look at these beauts!
Jeep Gladiator (4 images)
Here are the most pertinent specs from the sheet:
- It can ford up to 30 inches of water.
- It has a towing capacity of 7,650 lbs. and payload capacity of 1,600 lbs.
- The Wrangler spirit carries over into the grille, round headlamps, square tail lamps and fold-down windshield.
- It will be the “only true open-air 4×4 pickup truck with easy-to-use premium soft top and two hardtops.” Oh really.
- The powertrain choices are a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with Engine Stop-Start (eight-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission) or 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 with ESS and an eight-speed automatic transmission (available in 2020).
Head on over to JeepGladiatorForum to see the rest of the (supposed) details.
Jeep has declined comment to multiple publications, but we don’t have long to wait for confirmation. The official reveal is set for the L.A. Auto Show which begins November 30th.
All photos via JeepGladiatorForum