Like a FitBit for Your Brain Waves
Know thyself, indeed
We’re surrounded by distractions. The Internet is 99% distraction (before you ask, yes, we’re the other 1%).
But if you can filter out the thing about Usain Bolt eating 100 Chicken McNuggets a day, Scooby Doo conspiracy theories, the footage of the bunny racing across the avalanche, which really is quite amazing, the —
Where were we?
Oh, right. Mindfulness. Focus. Tuning out the white noise.
Muse can help you with that.
Muse is a really intelligent headband that pairs with a smartphone app to measure and analyze your level of focused attention.
It reads brain-wave activity the way a heart monitor takes your pulse and then compares the stats to a baseline report (full breakdown on how it works here).
Muse will guide you through a mindfulness exercise to get started and then evaluate your progress once a day (takes three minutes).
Over time, it will help you focus more deeply — at your desk, at your dinner table, everywhere else — as well as boost your mood and lower anxiety.
All that with a daily obligation of just a couple minutes.
A new and improved app was just released for Apple iOS, with Android on the way.
Order one now. Expect big changes.
And until then, we do recommend the bunny video.
Shirt for Brains
Athos: Like Fitbit, but in Your Gym Shorts
This article was featured in the InsideHook SF newsletter. Sign up now for more from the Bay Area.
Suggested for you