Nevada County Declares Emergency Over “Storm Area 51” Event
The September event has drawn more than two million RSVPs on Facebook
Whether it’s a hoax or not, Nevada officials are taking no chances with regard to the “Storm Area 51” event that’s scheduled to take place on September 20 in Lincoln County.
Though nobody knows if any of the 2 million Facebook users who have RSVPed to storm the U.S. Air Force facility in the Nevada desert, Lincoln officials unanimously voted to pre-sign an emergency declaration, according to The Reno Gazette Journal.
“We passed this with the caveat that this may or may not happen,” said District D Commissioner Kevin Phillips, via The RGJ. “We’re just trying to do the best we can to prepare for something we know not of. We have no pickin’ idea what we’re going to face – if anything.”
When news of the event went viral last month, The Air Force released a statement warning potential Area 51 raiders to think twice.
“[Area 51] is an open training range for the US Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces,” the USAF said. “The US Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets.”
Editor’s Note: RealClearLife, a news and lifestyle publisher, is now a part of InsideHook. Together, we’ll be covering current events, pop culture, sports, travel, health and the world. Subscribe here for our free daily newsletter.
15 Things to Know Today, from RealClearLife
Everything to Know, via RealClearLife