French Model Dies After Whipped Cream Dispenser Explodes
Instagram star Rebecca Burger was killed in a freak accident after can malfunctioned.
A popular fitness blogger and Instagram model has died after a canister of whipped cream exploded and struck her in the chest, the Washington Post is reporting.
Rebecca Burger, known online as rebeccablikes, suffered cardiac arrest in her home in Galfingue, France, on Saturday. Firefighters were reportedly able to revive her heartbeat briefly, but she was unconscious upon arrival at the hospital, and died the next day.
Voici un exemple de siphon à chantilly qui a explosé et percuté le thorax de Rebecca, entraînant son décès. Précision : le siphon qui a engendré sa mort quant à lui été mis sous scellé. N'utilisez pas ce genre d'ustensile chez vous ! Plusieurs dizaines de milliers d'appareils défectueux sont encore en circulation.
The 33-year-old’s family, including her husband, announced the tragic accident on social media Wednesday, and warned her followers of the potential dangers of whipped cream dispensers. According to the Washington Post, the translation reads:
“Here’s an example of the cartridge/siphon for Chantilly cream that exploded and struck Rebecca’s chest, killing her. Take note: the cartridge that caused her death was sealed. Do not use this type of device in your home! Tens of thousands of these appliances are still in circulation.”
This article was featured in the InsideHook newsletter. Sign up now.
Suggested for you