If you're looking for the Fountain of Youth, ask Christie Brinkley.
Earlier this week, Sports Illustrated released the above video, a behind-the-scenes look at Brinkley posing with her daughters, Sailor and Alexa, for the 53rd edition of the magazine's deified Swimsuit Issue. The most significant takeaway from the video, of course, is that Brinkley is — astonishingly, confoundingly, impossibly — 63 years old.
- Brinkley was born in 1954. Other people born that year include Oprah Winfrey, John Travolta and Ray Liotta. Ray Liotta looks like this now.
- Brinkley first graced the SI Swimsuit cover in 1979 (and then again in 1980 and '81), i.e., THIRTY-EIGHT years ago, and 20 years before Sailor was born.
- Brinkley made her infamous film debut as the Girl in the Red Ferrari in National Lampoon's Vacation 34 years ago, in 1983. The first cell phone call was also made in 1983.
- Brinkley hasn't appeared in the Swimsuit issue since 2004, when she was 50.
- Brinkley is the same age as fellow SI models Hailey Clauson, Gigi Hadid and Kelly Gale — combined.
- Brinkley is older than my mom.
I'll have what she's having.