Like Winston Zeddemore once said, we have the tools, we have the talent. We also have the job openings. Those openings are below — and they’re all just as rewarding, if not more, as saving the world from a pantless marshmallow sailor.
InsideHook is the leading digital lifestyle platform for accomplished and adventurous men. Our editors discover and recommend unique experiences and products to inspire men to live life to the fullest.
InsideHook is an innovator in branded entertainment, providing native solutions, custom content and video, event activation and other innovative programs for premium and luxury men’s lifestyle brands. In fact, InsideHook was just ranked the #1 best website for gentlemen by Business Insider.
- Vice President of Sales
- Senior Manager, Branded Entertainment
- Freelance Writer
- Editorial Intern (seasonal)
- Design Intern
InsideHook is seeking a Vice President of Sales to work directly with CRO to manage sales staff and help drive partnerships, sales solutions and advertising experiences for new and repeat clients. A successful candidate will be a sales leader with an exceptional track record of generating advertising sales combined with a superior understanding of digital strategy, best practices and methodologies.
InsideHook’s VP of Sales will also work with the Director of Branded Entertainment to assure a smooth workflow between departments.
If you are the right fit for this job you are self-motivated, independent and failing is not an option for you. You must also like fashion, travel and be in the know with current trends.
- Manage and support the sales team through proactive prospecting and maintaining a high volume pipeline
- Maintain and grow a strategic sales list assigned to VP of Sales
- Build comprehensive reporting programs to guide and measure success of sales activities
- Develop sales and marketing strategies to maximize growth opportunities for the brand
- Own the digital revenue goal and provide on-going revenue pipeline and forecasting updates to leadership
- Collaborate with Director of Branded Entertainment and CRO to implement sales strategies and create new products for sales team to proactively sell
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong work Ethic/Independence/Tenacity
- Relevant experience in managing sales professionals
- 5+ years digital media sales experience
- Strategic planning experience
- Computer literacy/experience with Word, Excel, Database Management
- Excellent communication skills
To apply, send your resume and clips to email@example.com.
InsideHook is a rapidly growing digital media company that delivers elevated men’s lifestyle content. We are seeking a full-time Senior Manager of Branded Entertainment to work in our New York City office. This role is responsible for the development and creation of all sales-marketing proposals, custom programs for our advertisers and events that live across InsideHook’s web, mobile and social platforms.
The individual in this role will oversee the associate managers and will report to the Director of Branded Entertainment as well work closely with the Creative Director, along with the sales, editorial and design teams, managing pre-sale proposal ideation, brand marketing materials and events with the goal of driving partnerships and revenue.
- Respond to incoming RFPs and proactive proposals in conjunction with the sales team and the associate manager of branded entertainment.
- Be able to analyze and extract key information from briefs according to the needs of the client/agency. Manage communication with clients as needed.
- Manage the pitch development process for proposals including ideating, writing, and pricing strategy.
- Manage the Associate Manager of Branded Entertainment on all incoming proposals and select activations.
- Help create all sales-marketing presentations, RFP decks, sales collateral and ensure that research/company stats are up-to-date across all materials.
- Manage and execute events.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of digital/print integrated marketing experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience planning and managing large-scale events.
- Enthusiasm and an active desire to learn across all aspects of the business.
- Self-starter comfortable working under tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent writing skills.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills, both in person and via PowerPoint and InDesign, is highly desired.
- Interest and experience in advertising, digital media, and the men’s lifestyle space is highly desired.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a passion that fits in well with men’s lifestyle?
Write about it!
InsideHook is currently seeking experienced freelance writers for a number of categories.
(Yes, we pay. Yes, you can work from home and be based anywhere).
We are looking for writers in the following categories: adventure/outdoors, sex and relationships, entrepreneurship/business, home repair/maintenance, parenting, health/wellness, booze, style, pop culture (primarily movies and TV) and product reviews.
We’d prefer experts — people with a niche and insider knowledge, contacts, etc. who could “own” their beat.
If interested, please send an intro, resume, clips and brief discussion of your interests to email@example.com
Your dream is to write and get paid for it.
If you’d be honored to toil thusly, then you could be the next (paid) editorial intern for InsideHook — the essential lifestyle pub for adventurous and discerning men.
This is a rare opportunity, offering a chance to work directly with the editors and executive team. The role will be fluid and fast-paced, ranging from nitty gritty research and legwork, to writing and reporting pieces and building long-term strategy.
You should be passionate about men’s lifestyle content — read the blogs, enjoy the books, dress the part, and understand that your father, while not perfect, knows a damn spot more than you do.
Helpful: experience with social media, photography, or mixing drinks.
- Research and fact-check various content for editorial
- Participate in publication daily close, including copy-editing editorial
- Write features and curate content
- Contribute to editorial planning and strategy process
- Help manage social media presence
- Collaborate closely with advertising and marketing departments
- Applicants must have experience writing and reporting for either their college publications or for other publications, preferably with a style or activities focus.
- Enthusiasm, reliability and a team-oriented attitude
- Quick-learner and self-starter comfortable with rapid change
- A sense of humor
Terms and Instructions:
- Part or full-time availability desired for at least three months (NY only). Students accepted, but must be available for at least 25+ hours per week. Currently seeking applicants for 2017.
Send resume, brief cover letter including qualifications and aspirations, and three writing samples (can be links) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include start date availability. Don’t send your poetry, whether to us or anybody else.
InsideHook is looking for a talented individual to help out on a part-time basis here in our NYC office. Our interns get first-hand experience working at a digital media startup.
We are looking for a creative pixel wizard, able to successfully carry out multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. You will be involved in a variety of challenging projects and will gain valuable insight as to how projects are designed, developed and launched.
- know Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, inside and out
- have a passion for typography
- have a strong eye for branding, color, and layout
- appreciate a clean design aesthetic
- can boil down anything into a single icon
- love to multi-task
- can accurately set and meet deadlines
- Part or full-time availability desired for at least three months (NY only)
- College credit is available to those who qualify
- Send your online portfolio and resume to email@example.com
- Subject line “Design Position”