Like Winston Zeddemore once said, we have the tools, we have the talent. We also have the job openings. Those openings are below — and they’re all just as rewarding, if not more, as saving the world from a pantless marshmallow sailor.
InsideHook is the leading digital lifestyle platform for accomplished and adventurous men. Our editors discover and recommend unique experiences and products to inspire men to live life to the fullest.
InsideHook is an innovator in branded entertainment, providing native solutions, custom content and video, event activation and other innovative programs for premium and luxury men’s lifestyle brands. In fact, InsideHook was just ranked the #1 best website for gentlemen by Business Insider.
- Senior Account Director
- Creative Services Manager
- Social Media Editor
- Freelance Writer
- Editorial Intern
- Design Intern
SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (New York, NY)
InsideHook is the leading digital lifestyle platform for accomplished and adventurous men. Our editors discover and recommend one unique experience or product a day to inspire men to live life to the fullest.
The ideal candidate has a strong set of relationships at both brands and agencies and extensive ad sales experience, specifically in digital media. They will have a proven track record of acquiring new business, building and growing client relationships, and developing creative, multi-platform campaigns and will use this experience to pursue local and national clients.
- Pursue new accounts and further existing relationships.
- Manage the sales cycle from start to finish: prospect, identify relevant contacts, negotiate and secure sales of online advertising and sponsorship programs to premium brands across several men’s lifestyle categories (e.g., consumer electronics, travel, spirits, automotive, and entertainment)
- Develop and maintain a strong rapport with clients and agencies
- Create advertiser solutions, advertising proposals, partnership programs for clients and agencies
- Be creative in generating new ideas and materials for advertisers
- Work with the Head of Sales, Branded Content Director, and Creative Director on generating proposals and strategy
- Work with the Executive Editor/ editorial team on campaign ideation
- Analyze campaign performance statistics and recommend optimized media solutions from all the results. Provide on-going reporting and feedback to sales management
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals and objectives and maximize all revenue growth opportunities for InsideHook
- Established current brand and agency relationships
- Entrepreneurial self-starter w/ experience selling lifestyle brands for a digital media company required; experience selling to male audience preferred
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment. Desire and ability to manage multiple relationships at a time. Team player.
- Motivated, tenacious, and resourceful: works independently, doesn’t take “no” for an answer, leader in thinking through and developing necessary materials to close new business. Knows how to sell creatively, not just CPMs and impressions
- Has experience with integrated selling across multiple platforms (e.g. email, website, video, social, events/experiential)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills, both in-person and via sales decks highly desired. Ability to respond creatively in the moment highly desired.
- Understands the value and challenges of selling a start-up brand
- At least 2 years of digital ad sales experience
- BA/BS required
To apply, send your resume and clips to email@example.com.
CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (New York, NY)
InsideHook is a rapidly growing digital media company that delivers elevated men’s lifestyle content. We are seeking a full-time Creative Services Manager to work in our New York City office. The Creative Services Manager is responsible for the development and creation of all sales-marketing proposals and programs for our advertisers that live across InsideHook’s web, mobile and social platforms.
The individual in this role will report to the Director of Branded Entertainment and will work closely with the Creative Director, along with the sales, editorial and design teams, managing the pre-sale proposal ideation and writing process with the goal of driving partnerships and revenue.
- Respond to incoming RFPs and proactive proposals in conjunction with the sales team.
- Be able to analyze and extract key information from briefs according to the needs of the client/agency.
- Lead the pitch development process for proposals including ideating, writing, and pricing strategy.
- Help conceptualize and create custom programs alongside InsideHook editors and sales team that meet advertiser needs/goals.
- Help create all sales-marketing presentations, RFP decks, sales collateral and ensure that research/company stats are up-to-date across all materials.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of digital/print integrated marketing experience.
- Enthusiasm and an active desire to learn across all aspects of the business.
- Quick-learner and self-starter comfortable working under tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent writing skills.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills, both in person and via PowerPoint and/or InDesign, is highly desired.
- Interest and experience in advertising, digital media, and the men’s lifestyle space is highly desired.
Send resume, brief cover letter including qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 2 years
InsideHook is looking for a full time social media editor. The role will operate as an extension of the editorial voice, while maintaining a marketing growth mindset. This hybrid functionality means that this role plays a pivotal part in the feedback loop between our readers and the editorial staff. The social media editor is expected to be:
- a master at packaging in our voice
- an expert planner who knows how to make the most of every time slot
- a nimble communicator with the ability to not only identify who is being spoken to on each channel, but how interests and messaging changes from channel to channel
- a dextrous mind, able to integrate anecdotal information and clear data points to make smart decisions in compressed time periods
- a witty and thoughtful writer who can write clean copy under pressure
- a command of basic grammar and sentence structure
He or she reports to the Director of Audience Development. Note: This position may require some light weekend work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Populate social accounts on regular schedule as determined with the Dir. of Audience Development
- Experiment with packaging to maximize click-through and engagement on all stories
- Monitor performance via our analytics platforms as well as Facebook Insights and Twitter Insights to identify trends and opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Audience Development to identify cross-platform opportunities and create and execute growth campaigns.
- Assist in building branded ad sets and monitoring for efficient ad buys.
- Translate content so that it appeals to the different user experiences across different social networks.
- Identify and package compelling visuals for effective sharing.
- Attend weekly editorial meeting and work alongside editors to help them develop socially optimized content.
- Recommend and execute community building initiatives
- 2-3+ years of social media experience
- Expert user (or astute observer) of key social media platforms for publishers
- Experience with A/B testing and reporting findings.
- Hands-on experience compiling and reporting basic insights.
- Exceptional writing skills
- Familiarity with working in a social CMS.
- A sense of adventure and humor.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Nice to have: Photoshop skills, ability to make a mean GIF, visual media experience
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Have a passion that fits in well with men’s lifestyle?
Write about it!
InsideHook is currently seeking experienced freelance writers for a number of categories.
(Yes, we pay. Yes, you can work from home and be based anywhere).
We are looking for writers in the following categories: adventure/outdoors, sex and relationships, entrepreneurship/business, home repair/maintenance, parenting, health/wellness, booze, style, pop culture (primarily movies and TV) and product reviews.
We’d prefer experts — people with a niche and insider knowledge, contacts, etc. who could “own” their beat.
If interested, please send an intro, resume, clips and brief discussion of your interests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your dream is to write and get paid for it.
Our dream is for you to write for us, and pay you with experience and college credit.
If you’d be honored to toil thusly, then you could be the next editorial intern for InsideHook — the essential lifestyle pub for adventurous and discerning men.
This is a rare opportunity, offering a chance to work directly with the editors and executive team. The role will be fluid and fast-paced, ranging from nitty gritty research and legwork, to writing and reporting pieces and building long-term strategy.
You should be passionate about men’s lifestyle content — read the blogs, enjoy the books, dress the part, and understand that your father, while not perfect, knows a damn spot more than you do.
Helpful: experience with social media, photography, or mixing drinks.
- Research and fact-check various content for editorial
- Participate in publication daily close, including copy-editing editorial
- Write features and curate content
- Contribute to editorial planning and strategy process
- Help manage social media presence
- Collaborate closely with advertising and marketing departments
- Currently in school and can receive credit (or a waiver)
- Applicants must have experience writing and reporting for either their college publications or for other publications, preferably with a style or activities focus.
- Enthusiasm, reliability and a team-oriented attitude
- Quick-learner and self-starter comfortable with rapid change
- A sense of humor
Terms and Instructions:
- Part or full-time availability desired for at least three months (NY only)
Send resume, brief cover letter including qualifications and aspirations, and three writing samples (can be links) to email@example.com. Please include start date availability. Don’t send your poetry, whether to us or anybody else.
InsideHook is looking for a talented individual to help out on a part-time basis here in our NYC office. Our interns get first-hand experience working at a digital media startup.
We are looking for a creative pixel wizard, able to successfully carry out multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. You will be involved in a variety of challenging projects and will gain valuable insight as to how projects are designed, developed and launched.
- know Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, inside and out
- have a passion for typography
- have a strong eye for branding, color, and layout
- appreciate a clean design aesthetic
- can boil down anything into a single icon
- love to multi-task
- can accurately set and meet deadlines
- Part or full-time availability desired for at least three months (NY only)
- College credit is available to those who qualify
- Send your online portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line “Design Position”