Change up a plain beef patty with high-quality wagyu and a Yuzu Kosho sauce for extra richness and depth of flavor to the final burger.
– 1 cup kewpie mayonnaise – 1½ teaspoons fresh lime juice – 4½ teaspoons granulated sugar – 1½ teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce – 2 tablespoons yuzu kosho – ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
for the yuzu kosho sauce
– 2 4-inch brioche buns – 1 pound ground wagyu beef, divided into 4 4-ounce pucks – 4 slices aged cheddar – 2 ounces (about 4 tablespoons) yuzu kosho sauce – 10 pickle slices – Salt and pepper, to taste
for the smash burger
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ºF. Season both sides of the burger patties with salt and pepper. Place the burgers in a hot cast iron skillet, and smash until about ¼ inch thick. Once a heavy crust has formed on one side, flip and press again.
2. Top two patties with a slice of cheddar, and allow the cheese to melt. Meanwhile, warm the buns in the oven. 3. Remove the buns from the oven, and dress both sides with yuzu kosho sauce. On the bottom half of each bun, arrange five pickle slices.
With a generous puddle of cheese sauce adorning the tender patty and pillowy bun, this horseradish cheddar burger is a cookout homerun.
– 2 ounces butter -12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese – 2 tablespoons flour - 5 ounces prepared horseradish – 3½ cups milk - 2 teaspoons smoked paprika – 6 ounces cream cheese - 1/2 teaspoon tabasco – 6 ounces sharp American cheese
for smash burger sauce
– 1 8-ounce burger patty – 1 to 2 slices American cheese – Pickled jalapeños, to taste – 1 small bag potato chips – 1 burger bun
for smash burger