– 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes, crushed – ½ cup onion, small diced – 6 cloves garlic, crushed – 1 bunch basil, torn – ¼ pound of pancetta, cut into lardons
– 4 eggs – 1 tablespoon Calabrian chiles, chopped – 1 tablespoon pecorino, grated – 2 large pieces of toast – ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Sweat onions garlic in the olive oil until opaque 2. Crush tomatoes by hand and add to onion and garlic mixture 3. Add half the basil and reduce by 30% 4. Render pancetta til crispy and put asie
5. Remove tomato sauce and put aside 6. In an oven-safe dish, add 1.5 cups of tomato sauce 7. Also add in Calabrian chiles, pancetta, and reserve basil, give it a stir and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper
8. Carefully crack eggs into dish and bake till whites are set, about 10 minutes at 350F 9. Broil tomato mis to finish setting the whites 10. Toast your bread 11. Grate cheese on top and enjoy
Our goal here is simple: to help you live a more adventurous, eventful and engaging life.