In September 1908, the RMS Titanic was ordered from shipbuilding company Harland and Wolff in Belfast, Ireland. It left the city on April 2, 1912, never to return.
The 119-room Belfast hotel is the newest piece in a massive waterfront revitalization project in the Titanic Quarter, an area known until 1995 as Queen’s Island, which also includes the adjacent Titanic Belfast museum.
Managed by Harcourt Developments, the accommodations emphasize preservation, from the porters in period dress to keeping pivotal rooms intact, such as the Telephone Exchange "which received the first communication of the Titanic hitting the iceberg,” writes the Daily Mirror.
Titanic Hotel (7 images)
Other features include the offices of former directors — including managing director Thomas Andrews who perished aboard the ship — which have been turned into dining rooms and event spaces. Similarly, the drawing rooms of the office are now a spacious bar, built with the same tiles that were used in the Titanic’s swimming pools.
Bookings are officially open with rooms starting at $145 a night.
Photos courtesy of Titanic Belfast