Bill Burr does not suffer fools gladly.
Thankfully, most of those fools seem to enjoy the comedian’s caustic, 100% accurate takedowns.
A recent YouTube video from user uwho22 collects Burr at his most pointed.
A few lessons on interviewing Bur without getting one's proverbial pants pulled down:
- Don’t make false claims. To Colin Cowherd on the Celtics waiting out LeBron: “I didn’t say that ... why would you say I have a horrible theory without checking with me first? I don’t know anything about hoops ... I’m a 5’10” white guy.”
- Don’t give backhanded compliments. Again, to Cowherd, on being in his comedy “prime”: “Dude, I’m not like an athlete. I’m not going to blow out an Achilles and I can’t write a joke anymore.”
- Don’t make assumptions: Responding to the question “Are you from Southie?”, Burr yells, “No! That’s a Good Will Hunting question that I’ve answered for 15 years ... ‘Are you good at math? Do you like apples?’”
- Give the man a good chair. “I can’t get comfortable in this f*cking chair.” [Stagehand brings new chair] “Sir, the one comedy through line that’s working here is me sh*tting on this chair. Why would you take that from me?”
- Do your research. To an ill-prepared reporter: “I wasn’t a cop in Breaking Bad ... you didn’t do your research! You’re so busy, be worried about this [points to pocket square] matching this [grabs jacket]. Study up next time!”
Moral of story: when seated opposite an irascible middle-aged dude from Boston, tread lightly. Lest we forget, this man once took down an entire city ...
(Photo by Terry Wyatt/Getty Images for Bud Light)