The heyday of the ugly sweater may be behind us (looking at you, '90s), but the holiday sweater will never die.
Because it’s winter, and knitwear satisfies both your need to not freeze to death and your need to look fly at parties.
To wit: 20 of our favorites, sorted by every occasion you’ve got on your schedule for the rest of the month. From tasteful cable knits to reindeer-printed cardigans, go ‘head and call yourself the Christmas Cheermeister. (And don't worry, we didn’t forget Hanukkah, either.)
Holiday Sweaters 1 (2 images)
For the office party ...
1. 1A Cable Crew in Wine by Inverallan ($279)
2. Cable-Knit Merino Wool and Cashmere-Blend Sweater by Mr. P ($360)
Holiday Sweaters 2 (2 images)
Holiday Sweaters 3 (2 images)
For driving around to buy presents at the last minute …
5. Lightweight Wool Crew Neck Sweater by Bonobos ($168)
6. North Sweatshirt in Heathered Grey by Askov Finlayson ($85)
Holiday Sweaters 4 (2 images)
Holiday Sweaters 5 (2 images)
Holiday Sweaters 6 (2 images)
For layering before snowball fights …
11. Wool-Alpaca-Blend Fair Isle Sweater by Brooks Brothers ($118)
12. Two-Tone Wool Sweater by J. Crew ($90)
Holiday Sweaters 7 (2 images)
Holiday Sweaters 8 (2 images)
For the “best ugly sweater” party ...
15. Crackling Fireplace Smartphone Sweater by Morphsuits ($27.45)
16. A Christmas Story Light-Up Leg Lamp by Ugly Christmas Sweater ($66)
Holiday Sweaters 9 (2 images)
For the Hanukkah celebrations …
17. Menorah Octopus by Whoopi ($89)
18. Champ Hanukkah Eco-Fleece Sweatshirt by Alternative Apparel ($58)
Holiday Sweaters 10 (2 images)