Men who look like slobs at airports are legion. They are also your best friend.
Because these men set the bar very low, which means it doesn’t take much for you to step up your airplane style game.
Look, no one’s asking you to wear a three-piece suit. But we are asking, despite all the perceived hassles that come with air travel, to consider attire that serves both the desire to be comfortable and the desire to make good first impressions. In other words: the guy in ill-fitting sweats and a band tee never gets the free upgrade.
Below, three different outfits for the stylish jetset. No matter what class you’re flying, at least you know you’ll be flying in style.
For the Man on Business
Because closing deals is easier when you look good
1. Private White V.C. Hopsack Blazer - A linen and wool blend hopsack jacket coated with the English label's new water and stain-resistant Ecoseam finish. ($730)
2. Ascot Chang for the Armoury Oxford - From Hong Kong's most respected shirtmakers, a crisp white oxford done up in a comfortable micro-twill cotton. ($295)
3. Basic Rights Slim Blue Jean - A relaxed early 1960s-inspired blue jean with minimal branding. ($140)
4. Jack Erwin Ellis Chelsea Boot - A dashing boot you'll be able to slip on and off with ease. ($220)
5. Uniform Wares C40 - A modern take on the classic dress watch, intelligently designed to be dressed up or down. ($800)
For the Man on Summer Holiday
Because where there is beach and sand, there is R&R
1. Edwin Trouser - Lightweight trouser with a slightly tapered cut and slouchy fit. ($214)
2. Folk Cotton-Blend Coach Jacket - Packable and stylish. Sporty and timeless. ($305)
3. Gitman Vintage Crane Print Shirt - A bold print shirt with a 1950s appeal. Head straight to the sand. ($200)
4. Saturdays Surf Mitsu Sunglasses - Handmade in Japan from 100% Italian acetate in a refined clear colorway. ($295)
5. Vayarta Slip-Ons - Soft supple leather that'll only get more comfortable with wear. ($195)
For the Man Always on Vacation
Because some men think they're on permanent vacation, and that's okay
1. Reigning Champ Slim Sweatpant - Midweight terry sweatpant in a flattering slim fit. ($125)
2. William Fox Baseball Cardi - Made in Scotland from 100% pure wool, featuring wooden buttons and baseball collar. ($237)
3. National Athletic Goods Pocket Tee - One of the most comfiest shirts you'll ever own. ($105)
4. Ami Baseball Cap - Understated French vibes from an understated Parisian label. ($79)
5. Maiden Noir x Victory Sportswear 3M Trail Runner - Retro sneaker hand-stitched and made in the U.S. ($260)