Sports | January 26, 2021 10:28 am

Bob Kraft’s Alleged Massage Parlor Sex Tape to Be Destroyed

U.S. District Judge Rodolfo A. Ruiz II ruled the videos of Kraft must be wiped from existence

Robert Kraft's Alleged Massage Parlor Sex Video to Be Destroyed
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft prior to a game at SoFi Stadium.
Harry How/Getty Images

To the dismay of certain publishers and some fans of the New York Jets, a Florida judge ruled last week that videos of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft allegedly paying for massage parlor sex must be wiped from existence without seeing the light of day.

U.S. District Judge Rodolfo A. Ruiz II ruled the videos of Kraft, who got off clean after it was determined Jupiter police used unlawful surveillance tactics to allegedly catch him paying for sex acts at the Orchids of Asia spa, must be destroyed after the 79-year-old’s lawyers argued the tapes of him in the nude would be leaked onto the internet.

In addition to filming Kraft and more than 20 other men allegedly paying for sex, police also taped two women and two men getting legitimate massages, an error that at least partially cost the cops their case, according to The Florida Sun-Sentinel.

“Considering that the videos never should have been created according to judicial rulings that are binding and conclusive, the videos should be destroyed so that they can never be subject to any misuse, intentional or otherwise,” Kraft’s attorneys Frank A. Shepherd, William Burck and Alex Spiro wrote in a legal filing.

Last month, chief assistant state attorney Al Johnson said his office “has no interest in maintaining possession of, or releasing to the public, any of the surveillance videos garnered through these prosecutions post-litigation, and never has been so inclined.”

Ruiz’s order to destroy the tapes comes four months after Palm Beach County prosecutors threw out two misdemeanor counts of solicitation against the billionaire NFL owner.

For Kraft, this is a happy ending to a saga that began when he visited the spa on consecutive days in January of 2019. Afterward, Kraft pleaded not guilty to all charges but did issue a public apology for his actions.

“I am truly sorry,” Kraft said in March of 2019. “I know I have hurt and disappointed my family, my close friends, my co-workers, our fans and many others who rightfully hold me to a higher standard. I have extraordinary respect for women; my morals and my soul were shaped by the most wonderful woman, the love of my life, who I was blessed to have as my partner for 50 years. As I move forward, I hope to continue to use the platform with which I have been blessed to help others and to try to make a difference. I expect to be judged not by my words, but by my actions. And through those actions, I hope to regain your confidence and respect.”

The NFL never disciplined Kraft or issued any sanctions related to the incident.

Subscribe here for our free daily newsletter.