PGA Tour Announces New Dates for Masters and Other Majors
The 2020 Masters Tournament will be held at Augusta National this November
It won’t be until November, but the 2020 Masters Tournament will be held at Augusta National Golf Club this year, according to the PGA. In an announcement on Monday, the leading organizations in golf revealed they had collaborated on a revised golf calendar for 2020.
Though the British Open, which was scheduled to take place in July, did not make the cut and has officially been canceled, the U.S. Open, PGA Championship and the Masters have all been rescheduled and will be played.
The PGA Tour also sounds as if it will attempt to hold its weekly tournaments when possible, although those details have yet to be hammered out.
The announcement didn’t say one way or the other, but it seems likely all of these events will likely be held without fans in attendance.
“This is a difficult and challenging time for everyone coping with the effects of this pandemic,” the PGA Tour said in a statement. “We remain very mindful of the obstacles ahead, and each organization will continue to follow the guidance of the leading public health authorities, conducting competitions only if it is safe and responsible to do so. In recent weeks, the global golf community has come together to collectively put forward a calendar of events that will, we hope, serve to entertain and inspire golf fans around the world. We are grateful to our respective partners, sponsors and players, who have allowed us to make decisions – some of them, very tough decisions – in order to move the game and the industry forward.”
Here’s the complete list of events for pro golf moving forward:
- TO BE CONFIRMED: June 15-21 (formerly U.S. Open week) – potential PGA TOUR event
• CANCELED: July 13-19, The Open Championship, Royal St. George’s GC, Sandwich, Kent, England
• TO BE CONFIRMED: July 13-19 (formerly The Open Championship week) – potential PGA TOUR event
• TO BE CONFIRMED: July 27-August 2 (formerly Men’s Olympic Competition week) – potential PGA TOUR event
• CONFIRMED: August 3-9 – PGA Championship, TPC Harding Park, San Francisco, California
• CONFIRMED: PGA TOUR’s season-ending event/FedExCup Playoffs: August 10-16 – Wyndham Championship, Sedgefield Country Club, Greensboro, North Carolina
August 17-23 – THE NORTHERN TRUST, TPC Boston, Norton, Massachusetts
August 24-30 – BMW Championship, Olympia Fields CC, Olympia Fields, Illinois
August 31-September 7 (Labor Day) – TOUR Championship, East Lake Golf Club, Atlanta, Georgia
• CONFIRMED: September 14-20 – U.S. Open, Winged Foot Golf Club, Mamaroneck, New York
• RECONFIRMED: September 22-27: Ryder Cup, Whistling Straits, Kohler, Wisconsin
• CONFIRMED: November 9-15: the Masters Tournament, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, Georgia
Subscribe here for our free daily newsletter.
News From Around the Web
News From Around the Web