Brooks Koepka Incensed After Fox Ad Leaves Him Out
The two-time U.S. Open defending champion was left out of a promo for the event
The world’s top golfer is tired of being viewed as a second-class player and he’s not holding back about it.
Two-time U.S. Open defending champion Brooks Koepka made it known he was not happy about being left out of a Fox promo ad for this year’s tournament that failed to include a mention of him.
“There’s been a couple of times where it’s just mind-boggling. It’s like, really? Like, how do you forget that?” Koepka said Tuesday at Pebble Beach. “Just kind of shocked. They’ve had over a year to kind of put it out. So I don’t know. Somebody probably got fired over it or should.”
Regardless of Fox sleeping on Koepka, oddsmakers certainly aren’t as the 29-year-old golfer is one of three co-favorites to win the tournament at +850. Rory McIlroy and Dustin Johnson are also listed at +850 to win the event, according to OddShark.
In the past, when Koepka has felt slighted he’s been able to use it to help him on the course.
After winning the PGA Championship last month, Koepka revealed Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee saying that he wasn’t a tough player helped fuel his competitive fire and aided in his win at Bethpage.
“Telling me I wasn’t tough,” Koepka said during a news conference. “That pissed me off. That really pissed me off.”
We’ll see if this latest example of disrespect aids him on the course starting tomorrow in Pebble Beach.
Editor’s Note: RealClearLife, a news and lifestyle publisher, is now a part of InsideHook. Together, we’ll be covering current events, pop culture, sports, travel, health and the world. Subscribe here for our free daily newsletter.
15 Things to Know Today, from RealClearLife
Everything to Know, via RealClearLife