Like Winston Zeddemore once said, we have the tools, we have the talent. We also have the job openings. Those openings are below — and they’re all just as rewarding, if not more, as saving the world from a pantless marshmallow sailor.
InsideHook is the leading digital lifestyle platform for accomplished and adventurous men. Our editors discover and recommend unique experiences and products to inspire men to live life to the fullest.
InsideHook is an innovator in branded entertainment, providing native solutions, custom content and video, event activation and other innovative programs for premium and luxury men’s lifestyle brands. In fact, InsideHook was just ranked the #1 best website for gentlemen by Business Insider.
- VP of Audience Development
- Vice President of Sales
- Partnerships Intern
- Senior Manager, Branded Entertainment
- Freelance Writer
InsideHook, the essential digital media brand for adventurous and discerning men, is seeking a VP of Audience Development to lead audience and traffic growth across web, social and email. This is a key strategy role that focuses on understanding opportunities for growth in audience and engagement across multiple native and distributed platforms. The person in this role will be responsible for helping shape our distribution and company product and strategy, and has the opportunity to become a leader on a successful digital team. This person must understand how audiences consume content across platforms, and help develop a strategy to identify and grow new potential audiences within our demographic across social and web.
We are seeking a passionate and dynamic individual with a strong analytical background and a passion for driving results. The candidate must be a data driven acquirer of audience through organic and paid tactics. The position reports directly to the CEO, and involves taking on a variety traditional (syndication, partnerships, programming calendar optimizations, SEO, paid optimization) and non-traditional growth marketing tactics (custom tools, pioneering new social platforms) in the name of quickly scaling a lifestyle brand designed for busy, successful men. The love of quality content is a must.
- Serve as an integral part of senior management, representing the marketing department
- Develop reporting and presentations for internal and external stakeholders, and own KPIs, metrics and models for growth
- Manage, mentor and develop the marketing team
- Scale web traffic via syndication partnerships, social, search and partner and content marketing initiatives
- Lead email subscriber acquisition programs (paid and organic) to drive the growth and engagement of InsideHook email editions
- Develop growth strategy across all social platforms, with a focus on helping to create shareable content and grow engaged followers
- Work with Social Media Editor to identify trends and deliver real-time insights to the editorial staff
- Manage budget, placement and analysis of all paid channels for acquisition and audience development campaigns, including CPA, CPC, and CPM buying methods
- Work with VP of Product to oversee collection of audience data through selection and design of analytics tools, and optimize products to drive KPIs
- Lead analytical projects designed to understand the key behaviors that drive subscriber acquisition, engagement, and long-term retention
- Work closely with editorial, product and tech teams and provide actionable insights to optimize InsideHook email editions and website for user engagement and growth
- 5+ years of experience in audience development at a publishing company
- Well-versed in the art and science of web and mobile audience development, email marketing, direct marketing, including campaign development and performance analyses
- Demonstrated track record of developing digital marketing programs that drive audience growth
- Strong understanding of how to interpret paid media performance, subscriber retention, lifetime value, content value and remarketing efforts
- Strong leadership skills and the proven ability to inspire and manage a team
- Proven ability as a self-starter who can develop and lead impactful projects
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, balance priorities, and work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including extremely strong written and verbal communication skill
- Fluency in Google Analytics and similar web reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree required
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and options package commensurate with experience, plus health benefits and paid-time off
Please send resume and cover letter to Marilyn Jordan, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
InsideHook is seeking a Vice President of Sales to work directly with CRO to manage sales staff and help drive partnerships, sales solutions and advertising experiences for new and repeat clients. A successful candidate will be a sales leader with an exceptional track record of generating advertising sales combined with a superior understanding of digital strategy, best practices and methodologies.
InsideHook’s VP of Sales will also work with the Director of Branded Entertainment to assure a smooth workflow between departments.
If you are the right fit for this job you are self-motivated, independent and failing is not an option for you. You must also like fashion, travel and be in the know with current trends.
- Manage and support the sales team through proactive prospecting and maintaining a high volume pipeline
- Maintain and grow a strategic sales list assigned to VP of Sales
- Build comprehensive reporting programs to guide and measure success of sales activities
- Develop sales and marketing strategies to maximize growth opportunities for the brand
- Own the digital revenue goal and provide on-going revenue pipeline and forecasting updates to leadership
- Collaborate with Director of Branded Entertainment and CRO to implement sales strategies and create new products for sales team to proactively sell
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong work Ethic/Independence/Tenacity
- Relevant experience in managing sales professionals
- 5+ years digital media sales experience
- Strategic planning experience
- Computer literacy/experience with Word, Excel, Database Management
- Excellent communication skills
To apply, send your resume and clips to email@example.com.
InsideHook, the essential digital media brand for adventurous and discerning men, is seeking a social media editor to assist the marketing team in strategic digital content distribution.
What You’ll Focus On:
- Partner Pipeline Building: Researching and reaching out to likeminded brands that would have an overlap with the InsideHook audience. Creating a running list of potential and active partners.
- User Acquisition Campaigns: Building sweepstakes and other initiatives with partners for the purposes of email acquisition. Analyzing the results and engagement of acquired leads for best practices and learnings.
- Creating Co-Branded Content Pitches: Putting together thought starters and establishing relationships with brands with the idea of co-branded content to be shared between partners.
- Research of potential partners in all areas of the digital landscape (ecommerce, publishing, blogs, etc)
- Brainstorming of sweepstakes concepts
- Reaching out to partners to secure prizing
- Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with partners through regular outreach and maintenance of in depth notes of communication history
- Participate in the creative partnership brainstorming process
- Project manage various partnership based initiatives
- Browsing the hell out of the internet
- A multitasker who can switch back and forth through channels of thought quickly
- The ability to transition between creative and analytical thinking throughout the day
- The ability to quickly grasp and work with InsideHook’s unique brand persona
- Quality and confidence communicating over email, on the phone and in person
- Comfortability communicating with high level marketing employees
- An understanding of the digital media space
Nice to have:
- Experience using a custom CMS and/or Sailthru
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Experience using Google Drive (sheets, docs, etc.)
- 25-30 hours per week for at least three months from our New York City office.
- Students receive school credit + travel and food stipend
- Flex-time to work from home occasionally, if needed
- Free snacks and drinks
- Catered lunch on Fridays
Send resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include start date availability.
InsideHook is a rapidly growing digital media company that delivers elevated men’s lifestyle content. We are seeking a full-time Senior Manager of Branded Entertainment to work in our New York City office. This role is responsible for the development and creation of all sales-marketing proposals, custom programs for our advertisers and events that live across InsideHook’s web, mobile and social platforms.
The individual in this role will oversee the associate managers and will report to the Director of Branded Entertainment as well work closely with the Creative Director, along with the sales, editorial and design teams, managing pre-sale proposal ideation, brand marketing materials and events with the goal of driving partnerships and revenue.
- Respond to incoming RFPs and proactive proposals in conjunction with the sales team and the associate manager of branded entertainment.
- Be able to analyze and extract key information from briefs according to the needs of the client/agency. Manage communication with clients as needed.
- Manage the pitch development process for proposals including ideating, writing, and pricing strategy.
- Manage the Associate Manager of Branded Entertainment on all incoming proposals and select activations.
- Help create all sales-marketing presentations, RFP decks, sales collateral and ensure that research/company stats are up-to-date across all materials.
- Manage and execute events.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of digital/print integrated marketing experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience planning and managing large-scale events.
- Enthusiasm and an active desire to learn across all aspects of the business.
- Self-starter comfortable working under tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent writing skills.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills, both in person and via PowerPoint and InDesign, is highly desired.
- Interest and experience in advertising, digital media, and the men’s lifestyle space is highly desired.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Have a passion that fits in well with men’s lifestyle?
Write about it!
InsideHook is currently seeking experienced freelance writers.
(Yes, we pay. Yes, you can work from home and be based anywhere).
We are looking for writers in the following categories: adventure/outdoors, sex and relationships, entrepreneurship/business, travel, home repair/maintenance, parenting, health/wellness, technology, food/drink, style and pop culture (primarily movies and TV — access to stars and screenings preferred over listicles and think pieces). We're also looking for city-specific pitches for our San Francisco and Chicago editions.
We’re really looking for experts — people with a niche and insider knowledge, a lot of contacts and a lot of great ideas (and a plan to execute those great ideas).
If interested, please send an intro, resume, clips and brief discussion of your interests to firstname.lastname@example.org