InsideHook is the leading digital lifestyle platform for accomplished and adventurous men. From style to travel to dining, vehicles to watches to fitness, our editors are passionate about bringing our audience the latest and greatest. It’s a job we take seriously, and one we’ve been at for almost a decade.
InsideHook is an innovator in branded entertainment, providing native solutions, custom content and video, event activation and other innovative programs for premium and luxury brands.
SENIOR EDITOR, GEAR (New York, NY)
InsideHook is looking for a Senior Editor who specializes in gear and product coverage to join our growing team. This is a full-time, salaried position with generous benefits.
Who We Are and What We Do: InsideHook is an essential lifestyle guide for adventurous and discerning men: guys 30-50 who have limited time, great taste and a thirst for experiences. Our readers are decision makers and trendsetters who drive the aspirations of the demographic; they are influencers in the original sense of the word. InsideHook is the definitive authority on everything these men need to know about style, travel, food and drink, health, tech, culture and outdoor adventures.
Overview: The Senior Editor will be a vital member of our product- and commerce-focused team. They will work hand-in-hand with InsideHook’s editorial leadership, and cross-functionally with the Audience, Partnerships and Revenue departments. The Senior Editor will manage a team of staff writers; the position reports to the Executive Editor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Executive Editor to lead InsideHook’s approach to product-focused content.
- Work with company leadership to devise the strategy and execution plan for the expansion of a rebranded vertical for all of our product- and deals-focused content and hubs across the web and in our daily emails.
- Assign and edit at least one in-depth product feature and ~8 short posts each weekday about the day’s top product releases and sales, to be published across the website, email properties and distributed channels.
- Collaborate with Executive Editor and Editor in Chief to conceive of, and deliver, special themed editorial packages; this includes deep and creative coverage of annual events like Prime Day and Black Friday.
- In partnership with our Audience team, help generate, edit and deploy our daily product-focused email newsletter, The Goods.
- Work closely with the Director of Partnerships to identify and optimize affiliate opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with publicists and brands across all relevant categories, with an emphasis on building out an ongoing list of upcoming events and product releases that will help fuel our editorial calendar.
- Work with Editorial, Audience and Revenue teams to analyze internal metrics and industry trends to identify opportunities for growth — distribution, engagement, loyalty, conversion and revenue.
- Optimize evergreen product features to scale long-tail traffic and affiliate revenue.
- A passion for products of all kinds. You’re the kind of person who thinks the most satisfying aspect of making a purchase is doing the necessary research before you even reach for your wallet.
- An active interest in some or all of the following product categories: style, fitness, cooking, design, adventure, technology.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- 3+ years of experience covering some or all aspects of product culture.
- Familiarity with affiliate platforms like Skimlinks, Commission Junction, AvantLink and Trackonomics.
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar content management systems.
- Considerable knowledge of SEO best practices and experience with SEO tools like Hrefs and Google Trends.
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, balance priorities and work well under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills and the proven ability to play nice with others; adaptability and collaboration are hallmarks of our editorial process.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No staffing agencies or consulting firms, please. InsideHook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (New York, NY)
lnsideHook is looking for a Creative Services Manager who specializes in the development and creation of sales-marketing materials to join our growing team. This is a full-time, salaried position with generous benefits.
Who We Are and What We Do: InsideHook is the essential lifestyle guide for adventurous and discerning men: guys 35-50 who have limited time, great taste and a thirst for experiences. Our readers are decision-makers and trendsetters who drive the aspirations of the demographic; they are influencers in the original sense of the word. InsideHook is the definitive authority on everything this successful man needs to know right now about food and drink, travel, style, health, tech, culture and outdoor adventures.
Overview: The Creative Services Manager will be a vital member of our Branded Entertainment team, facilitating pre-sale proposal ideation and creation, with the goal of building partnerships and growing revenue across InsideHook’s email, web and social platforms. They will work closely and cross-functionally with the Creative Director and the Sales, Affiliate Partnership and Design teams; the position reports to the Director of Branded Entertainment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Respond to incoming RFPs and craft proactive proposals that meet advertiser needs/goals in conjunction with the Director of Branded Entertainment, Creative Director and Sales team.
- Participate in the pitch development process for proposals including ideating, writing and pricing strategy.
- Spearhead the creation of all sales-marketing presentations, RFP decks and sales collateral.
- Partner with the Audience Development team to ensure that InsideHook’s business metrics — audience engagement, acquisition, etc. — are up-to-date and accurately detail the state of our brand both internally and externally.
- Extract relevant InsideHook audience demographic and behavioral information for proposals based on the key RFP target demographics of InsideHook’s clients and agency partners.
- Collaborate with the Design team to maintain a cohesive visual language across sales-marketing materials, reflective of the InsideHook website and digital O&O.
- Assist with ideation and proposal deck creation for Affiliate partnerships on a case-by-case basis.
- Manage projects for Branded and Sales teams on an ad hoc basis, including client events and premiums for key clients and industry leaders.
- Participate in productions on occasion, including branded video and photo shoots and sponsored events.
- A passion for digital media. You’re the kind of person who consumes content and experiences across a variety of platforms and subject matter on a daily basis.
- 2+ years of digital integrated marketing experience.
- Exceptional verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Quick-learner and self-starter comfortable working under tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven experience with visual design and deck creation programs, including InDesign, PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance individual accountability and a collaborative spirit in pursuit of company goals.
- A desire to help chart the future of digital media and advertising.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No staffing agencies or consulting firms, please. InsideHook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Updated: July 7, 2021. We currently have no other open positions. Still, we love hearing from brilliant, talented and eager folks interested in our mission. Feel free to reach out with a note and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.