10 Runways So Pretty Someone May Drag You Out of Your Window Seat
Every flyer knows that the landing is the best part — especially when flying into one of the world’s most scenic runways. See the top 10 below — including multiple beach landing strips and even a couple chances to land in the middle of a city.
1. Saba, Dutch Caribbean: Home to the most scenic landing strip on the planet, plus world-class diving.
2. Donegal, Ireland: A narrow approach for your flights from Glasgow and Dublin.
3. Nice, France: A fast way to get a good look at the French Riviera.
4. Gibraltar, Spain: A landing with a view of a very famous rock.
5. Queenstown, New Zealand: The world’s prettiest country is even better from the air.
6. London City Airport: There’s nothing quite like landing right in the middle (almost) of a great world capital.
7. There’s a bar on the landing beaching on St. Maarten for drinking while plane-spotting.
8. This is the best way to fly into Florida — at Orlando Melbourne (BTW, that’s not Orlando Orlando.)
9. The beach is the airport in Barra, Scotland.
10. Another mid-city landing — this time in Toronto.
Our Favorite Products Right Now
See the world from your inbox.
Sign up for The Journey, our Travel newsletter.