Summer Travel’s Coming, and We’ve Got Your Weekenders
The perfect bag for every man, matter and destination
A good duffel bag makes you look like you’re in the right place at the right time.
And before you know it, the time will be summer and the place will be anywhere except here.
Whether you can swing two days or a little longer, you’ll need a trusty weekend bag that’ll lug around your personal niceties, preferably with style (read: not overly designed). Below, nine weekenders we think are the perfect travel companion for a quick trip outta town.
For Going Off-the-Grid
1. Best Made Co. Bonded Duffle – Made in the U.S. from lightweight bonded canvas with reinforced sidewalls and a waterproof tarp layer in the base. ($198)
2. Patagonia Black Hole 60L Duffel – Water-resistant with organizational pockets for days. Converts to a backpack when the going gets rough. ($129)
3. Tepui Expedition Series Duffle Bag – High-strength polyester canvas makes this bag not only tough as nails, but also highly visible. ($110)
For Heading Off to Sign Lines That Are Dotted
1. Want Les Essentiels Douglass Holdall – Gorgeous leather. Elegant silhouette. Plus the leather bottom is removable, which’ll turn the holdall into a casual everyday bag if needed. ($1,495)
2. Uri Minkoff Wythe Weekender – Streamlined black with eye-catching texture thanks to the pebbled leather. ($550)
3. Mismo M/S Utility – Business-friendly in all the right ways. A bag that can be adjusted in size by way of a smart snap hook design ($400)
For Leaving Friday Morning After You Booked on Thursday Night
1. This Is Ground Voyager – A 100% leather weekender with generous space and tech-friendly organizational pouch. ($725)
2. Swims 48 Hour Holdall – A bag made from one piece of 100% waterproof nylon fabric and finished off with coated zippers. “Splash-proof,” they call it. Means ready for anything. ($230)
3. DSPTCH Weekender – Durable ballistic nylon fabric. Stowaway shoulder strap. Ample in size, but not too ample. All in the ultimate quick getaway bag. ($200)