Five Things to Know About Kendrick Lamar’s New Album, ‘DAMN’
Kendrick Lamar is always worth listening to, especially when he’s dropping new music.
When a recent non-album single dropped, RealClearLife offered that up immediately. And now one of the hottest rappers in the world is busting out a whole batch of new rhymes.
Here are the top five things you need to know about his brand-new album DAMN.
(1) Eighteen-year-old hip-hop producer/musician Steve Lacey is featured on the album. His claim to fame? According to Wired, he’s so DIY, his production rig consists of an iPhone.
(2) Lamar lets loose on the album, coming down hard on Geraldo Rivera and Fox News, per Heavy. He spreads the “love” over three tracks, “Blood,” “DNA,” and “YAH.”
(3) The album features a bunch of guest stars, including Rihanna. Maybe the most surprising guests? Irish rock giants U2. They appear on the song “XXX.”
(4) According to Pitchfork, LeBron James actually gave the world a sneak preview of the track “Element” the day of its release. He posted a video of himself bobbing his head along to the track. Watch the video that has since been taken down from King James’ Instagram page.
(5) While DAMN is breaking the internet, The Verge is now reporting that a possible second album will drop on Easter Sunday. The theory goes that it’ll be called NATION (completing the word “Damnation”). Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Below, listen to the album’s first single, “Humble.”