Quentin Tarantino Weighs In on the Harvey Weinstein Scandal
Tarantino and Weinstein have been working together since the early 1990s.
Director Quentin Tarantino has broken his silence about the sexual harassment, assault, and rape allegations against his longtime producing partner Harvey Weinstein.
The Oscar-winning director released a statement through friend Amber Tamblyn, according to Entertainment Weekly. He said that he’s “stunned and heartbroken,” but is still processing everything and will have more to say at another time.
From Quentin Tarantino: pic.twitter.com/jv0VQNrI91
— Amber Tamblyn (@ambertamblyn) October 13, 2017
Weinstein distributed Tarantino’s first film, Reservoir Dogs, in 1992. The two have worked together many times since. Weinstein was the executive producer on many of Tarantino’s films, like, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill and The Hateful Eight, reports EW.
Besides just working together, the two are close friends, reports EW. Weinstein threw Tarantino and his fiancé, Daniella Pick, an engagement party earlier this year, and Weinstein stood up for Tarantino when he was criticized by law enforcement groups for speaking out against police brutality, writes EW.
Tamblyn wrote on Twitter that she had a long dinner with Tarantino, who she has worked with before, and he asked her to specifically share his statement.
Last week, The New York Times published an investigative article detailing three decades of sexual harassment alleged against Harvey Weinstein, and revealed that Weinstein had paid settlements to eight women. Since then, The New Yorker published more accounts of sexual harassment and assault, and dozens of women have come forward with alleged accounts of harassment, assault, and even rape against Weinstein. The Weinstein Company fired Harvey Weinstein on Oct. 8, and a representative for him as said that “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein,” according to EW.
This article was featured in the InsideHook newsletter. Sign up now.
Suggested for you