Stop Looking Ridiculous at the Gym
What to buy at the new Under Armour store
The size of a Chicagoan’s gut — that Kuato-esque bulge that makes it uncomfortable to button your suit coat — is directly proportional to the length of Chicago’s winter.
Longer winter, bigger gut.
Luckily, the new Under Armour flagship just opened on the Mag Mile, and they’re chockablock with gear that’ll inspire you to begin your workout routine anew.
Facts first: this is Under Armour’s largest location. There are some immersive athletic experiences for the kids. A hunting section. Gear on gear for you and the lady (big ups to Gisele).
We rifled through their stock and found the pieces you need to spring clean your gym bag:
1. HeatGear Armour Compression Shirt: One of the best base layers around. Transports moisture. Stretchy. Anti-odor. Brandon’s taking a few with him to the Jets.
2. UA Tech Hoodie: Quick-drying and as soft as your favorite gym shirt.
4. Speedform Apollo: Incredibly lightweight. Comfortable. Breathable. Very stylish. Sturdy enough to run a marathon in.
5. Yurbuds Inspire 200 Sport Earphones: Yurbuds deliver your tunes unencumbered. Nifty magnetic buds you can clip around your neck when not in use.
6. Capital Knit Pants: Tapered track pants. You need ‘em. UA’s Capital Knits provide all your high-tech needs in a tailored package.
7. Speedform No-Show Socks: No-show for spring. Arch support for age.
This article was featured in the InsideHook Chicago newsletter. Sign up now for more from the Windy City.
Suggested for you