Magic: Kinda Lame. Vintage Magic Art: Not Lame.
Potter & Potter open an online shop for magical ephemera
You know what they say the first trick every magician learns is, right?
How to make his girlfriend disappear.
Vintage magic art, on the other hand? It’s princely stuff, and you’ll find it at Quicker Than The Eye, a new online concern from local auction house Potter & Potter.
Photo courtesy of Potter & Potter
Potter & Potter specialize in magic memorabilia. Also gambling. Strange Americana in general, really. They’re who you go to when you’re bidding for Harry Houdini artifacts, or antiques and relics from traveling circuses and sideshows of yesteryear.
And now they’ve opened up an online store where they’ll be offload said curiosities ad hoc.
A few highlights:
- A “vanishing whiskey” glass trick set from the 1940s
- A surprisingly practical Joe Porper Strong Box, which is exactly what it sounds like
- This Siberian chain escape set from the 1950s that allows you to quickly set yourself free from a chain padlocked around your wrists
- A book of secrets called “Playing Cards: The History of Secrets of the Pack”
- And basically every single vintage magic poster on site. Seriously. They’re all great.
You can check out Potter & Potter’s full inventory here.
Grab ‘em before — poof — they’re gone.
This article was featured in the InsideHook Chicago newsletter. Sign up now for more from the Windy City.
Suggested for you