To be a true New York gourmand these days, you have to dine on Brooklyn cuisine at least occasionally – though dine too often and you risk going native, a Colonel Kurtz lost in the exotic heart of wistfully agrarian darkness.
Get in, get out, and get fed with the Brooklyn Grub Crawl: a three-day tour of BK's finest restaurants June 1st-3rd, now selling tickets.
Friday in Carroll Gardens
An evening journey that includes:
- a punch demonstration at craft cocktail haunt Clover Club
- lambrusco and crostinis with “The Franks” at Frank’s Prime Meats
- a smorgasbord of sweets at Treats Truck’s just-opened brick-and-mortar location.
Saturday in Williamsburg
An afternoon stroll featuring:
- a slider-and-sangria garden chat with the founders of Meatball Shop
- oysters and absinthe at Parisian-style boîte Maison Premiere
- a behind-the-scenes tour and tasting at Brooklyn Winery
Sunday in Red Hook
Start bright and early with an 11:00am roasting/brewing demo and tasting at Stumptown Coffee. Additional stops include:
- a homemade Korean-style breakfast at The Good Fork
- tasting of house-cured meats and pickles on the waterfront with Mile End Deli.
Tickets are available for each day individually, or the whole weekend – which closes with drinks and live tunes at Sunny’s, a Brooklyn institution for over 120 years.
So godspeed, ye epicureans. Just beware of the natives.
Tickets from $160