Like Winston Zeddemore once said, we have the tools, we have the talent. We also have the job openings. Those openings are below — and they’re all just as rewarding, if not more, as saving the world from a pantless marshmallow sailor.
InsideHook is the leading digital lifestyle platform for accomplished and adventurous men. Our editors discover and recommend unique experiences and products to inspire men to live life to the fullest.
InsideHook is an innovator in branded entertainment, providing native solutions, custom content and video, event activation and other innovative programs for premium and luxury men’s lifestyle brands. In fact, InsideHook was just ranked the #1 best website for gentlemen by Business Insider.
The ideal candidate will pursue local and national clients and has extensive ad sales experience, specifically in digital media, with a proven track record of acquiring new business, building and growing client relationships, and developing creative, multi-platform campaigns that go way beyond the banner ad.
- Manage the sales cycle from start to finish: prospect, identify relevant contacts, negotiate and secure sales of online advertising and sponsorship programs to premium brands across several men's lifestyle categories (e.g., consumer electronics, travel, spirits, automotive, and entertainment)
- Develop and maintain a strong rapport with clients and agencies
- Create advertiser solutions, advertising proposals, partnership programs for clients and agencies
- Be creative in generating new ideas and materials for advertisers
- Work with the Vice President of Sales and CEO on generating proposals and strategy
- Work with the Executive Editor/ editorial team on campaign ideation
- Analyze campaign performance statistics and recommend optimized media solutions from all the results. Provide on-going reporting and feedback to sales management
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals and objectives and maximize all revenue growth opportunities for InsideHook
- Entrepreneurial self-starter w/ experience selling lifestyle brands for a digital media company required; experience selling to male audience preferred
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment. Desire and ability to manage multiple relationships at a time. Team player.
- Motivated, tenacious, and resourceful: works independently, doesn't take "no" for an answer, leader in thinking through and developing necessary materials to close new business. Knows how to sell creatively, not just CPMs and impressions
- Has experience with integrated selling across multiple platforms (e.g. newsletter, website, events)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills, both in-person and via sales decks highly desired. Ability to respond creatively in the moment highly desired.
- Understands the value and challenges of selling a start-up brand
- At least 3 years of digital ad sales experience
- BA/BS required
To apply, send your resume and clips to email@example.com.
InsideHook is the essential digital publication for discerning and adventurous men. We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team. This is a salaried, full-time position with benefits.
Our office is located in the heart of Chelsea and it has an open floor plan, a comfortable living room, a relaxing Buddha room, a kitchen table for stand-ups and is filled with sharp men and women determined to be tremendously successful. We often host guest speakers who are at the top of their game during our weekly, catered lunches on Fridays.
What we do and who we are:
Each weekday, InsideHook publishes a single compelling story about a unique local experience, helping the man with limited time to live life to the fullest. InsideHook currently publishes four city editions (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago) and an edition that covers the nation. Andy Russell, former Pilot Group partner and the lead investor behind Daily Candy, Thrillist, Tasting Table and Pure Wow, captains InsideHook as the CEO. InsideHook is the first portfolio company of Andy’s Trigger Media Group, an operating company focused on launching new digital media businesses.
What you will do:
- Conduct analysis, create presentations/reports and share them with the organization’s decision makers
- Manually extract, load and transform data for ad-hoc reporting as necessary
- Plan, create, and then maintain a data dictionary that identifies all master data elements and key performance indicators used by the business to drive decision-making
- Work hand in hand with our tech team to define requirements and processes for building and improving our analytics and reporting systems
- Define, Execute, and Analyze A/B tests
- Train representatives across departments in the use of our analytics systems
- Education: BS or Masters in a related degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related analytical field)
- Experience: 3-4 years in a directly related field
- Google Analytics expertise
- Proven experience with the following:
- Dashboard and report design and distribution
- Business Intelligence and analytics tools (e.g. tableau, chartio, periscope, alteryx, mixpanel, KISSmetrics, Facebook Business Manager)
- Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- RDBMS (MySQL preferred) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB or Amazon DynamoDB preferred)
- Scripting (e.g. VBA, Perl, Python, shell scripting, PHP, etc.)
- A/B testing and User Experience analysis
Cherries on top:
- You know the metrics used to measure email campaign effectiveness like the back of your hand
- Measuring and analyzing web site visitor behavior is second nature to you
- Analyzing digital advertising performance inspires you to find new ways to increase profitability
- Optimizing user experience to increase conversions brings a certain satisfaction to your life
- You can get the most out of DoubleClick For Publishers’ analytics tools
No staffing agencies or consulting firms please. Applicant should live in or around NYC. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWS EDITOR (New York, NY)
InsideHook, a lifestyle guide for adventurous and discerning men, is seeking a news editor for its relaunched site.
The editor will be responsible for writing 4-6 stories each weekday that pertain to our reader: "newsy" items in the worlds of tech, design, style, pop culture and a myriad of other topics.
Prior experience at a men's lifestyle publication and/or a fast-paced media publication is preferred.
The position is full-time. The editor will work out of our New York office.
Please respond to this listing with a resume, cover letter and three clips.
- Bachelor’s degree, English or Journalism preferred
- At least 3 years work experience, preferably in a daily publishing editorial environment
- Cultural fluency, wit and charm
- Excellent time management skills
- Keen eye for writing details, including grammar and punctuation
Send resume, brief cover letter including qualifications and aspirations, and three writing samples (can be links) to email@example.com.
Please do not send poetry. To us or anyone.
Your dream is to write and get paid for it.
Our dream is for you to write for us, and pay you with experience and college credit.
If you’d be honored to toil thusly, then you could be the next editorial intern for InsideHook — the essential lifestyle pub for adventurous and discerning men.
This is a rare opportunity, offering a chance to work directly with the editors and executive team. The role will be fluid and fast-paced, ranging from nitty gritty research and legwork, to writing and reporting pieces and building long-term strategy.
You should be passionate about men’s lifestyle content — read the blogs, enjoy the books, dress the part, and understand that your father, while not perfect, knows a damn spot more than you do.
Helpful: experience with social media, photography, or mixing drinks.
- Research and fact-check various content for editorial
- Participate in publication daily close, including copy-editing editorial
- Write features and curate content
- Contribute to editorial planning and strategy process
- Help manage social media presence
- Collaborate closely with advertising and marketing departments
- Currently in school and can receive credit (or a waiver)
- Applicants must have experience writing and reporting for either their college publications or for other publications, preferably with a style or activities focus.
- Enthusiasm, reliability and a team-oriented attitude
- Quick-learner and self-starter comfortable with rapid change
- A sense of humor
Terms and Instructions:
- Part or full-time availability desired for at least three months (NY only)
Send resume, brief cover letter including qualifications and aspirations, and three writing samples (can be links) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include start date availability. Don’t send your poetry, whether to us or anybody else.
InsideHook is looking for a talented individual to help out on a part-time basis here in our NYC office. Our interns get first-hand experience working at a digital media startup.
We are looking for a creative pixel wizard, able to successfully carry out multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. You will be involved in a variety of challenging projects and will gain valuable insight as to how projects are designed, developed and launched.
- know Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, inside and out
- have a passion for typography
- have a strong eye for branding, color, and layout
- appreciate a clean design aesthetic
- can boil down anything into a single icon
- HTML5 etc.
- love to multi-task
- can accurately set and meet deadlines
- Part or full-time availability desired for at least three months (NY only)
- College credit is available to those who qualify
- Send your online portfolio and resume to email@example.com
- Subject line “Design Position”